IoT - the future DNA of Automotive industry
AXULUS Solution Templates for Automotive IIOT as a Service – Have you ever wondered how to start with digitalization? Are you curious how to generate value add for your customers or in your daily operations based on the newest digital technologies? With AXULUS Solution Templates it is easy to identify and customize value-adding IoT solutions for your benefit. Start from a library of quantified Use Cases and Solution Templates to customize and build your own Digital Solution Intellectual Property (IP). We can deliver the solutions customized for you as fully managed service (Industrial IoT as a Service by AXULUS) or use the Solution Templates for your own implementation teams or partners to deliver them to you IP.
WHY AUTOMOTIVE COMPANIES STRUGGLE TO TAKE OFF ON DIGITAL
To exploit the potential of Industry 4.0, it is necessary to tackle the following challenges:
- Lack of knowledge and resources to scale – The introduction of a new technology generates value only if the team that has to use it understands its potential and is enabled to leverage the tool.
- High cost of scaling – Justifying the upfront manufacturing IT and IoT investment for full production lines at scale requires significant budget allocation and needs to be supported by proven economic return and benefits derived from the implementation of Industrial IoT solutions.
- Hard to justify business case – Companies struggle to define clear Target Value and Business Cases supporting the investment for the implementation of IoT solutions, which typically can’t be amortized in the same year.
Top 5 roadblocks preventing the move from Pilot to Roll-out
Percentage of respondents choosing reasons as 1 of their top 3
- Pilots demonstrate unclear business value – Selecting very advanced technologies during a pilot does not always bring the expected benefit, as this can often obscure the business value created.
- Too many use cases to prove – Often companies identify too many use cases, but are unable to prioritize them and consequently select the right ones to start with.
AXULUS USE CASE LIBRARY
Efficient maintenance planning and replacement timing are necessary to ensure alternative solutions until the replacement equipment is installed.
Machine Data Acquisition to measure Productivity
To start with industrial digitalization, machine data acquisition is key. Data of downtime, maintenance, and production are tracked, saved, and shown in a dashboard.
Machine Data Acquisition to optimize OEE
With all machine data captured, OEE can be displayed with historical trends and a granular information shown in order to measure and improve OEE.
Camera-based in-line Quality Inspection
Automating the visual inspection, using CAD-Models already available from the product planning phase to check all product variants on the assembly line for misplaced or wrong components.
Sensor-based in-line Quality Inspection
3D smart sensors can deliver high-density measurement data on the full variety of car part shapes and sizes, at high speed and with micron accuracy.
Sensor can track all critical components of and provide application algorithms to make predictions and suggest a maintenance schedule that better matches the deterioration of the wear and the production assets components.
AGV for Components Transportation
The AGV is an automatic guided vehicle that can transport materials internally within factories and a host of the other industrial locations. The user provides the destination
of product delivery via a web interface.
Preventive Maintenance for AGV Fleet
The user can simulate the AGVs utilization rate based on his incoming orders. He can see the expected average load, average weekly KM and the time unloaded (the % of time the AGV drives without a load).
By checking the status and condition of each vehicle and collecting diagnostics data, manufacturers have the opportunity to contact the owners and suggest maintenance activities and any kind of update.
Processing the data collected from vehicle sensors enables fleet operators to get real time visibility, statistics and valuable information regarding vehicle’s performance and condition, that can be associated directly to each driver.
Accessing and utilizing the real time data extracted by connected trucks helps the manufacturer to develop new services for the customers to address specific issues and needs, such as reducing fuel consumption.
CONSTRUCTION MACHINERIES SERVICES
Implementing a remote management solution to track and monitor construction machines enables manufacturers to offer differentiated service guarantees, individual billing arrangements and just-in-time delivery of heavy equipment.
These are only few of the Use Cases you can find in the AXULUS Library. To have full visibility on the solutions proposed by us and our ecosystem of Partners, please contact us.